Wednesday, November 08, 2006


With the time change, my kids are now up at around 6:00. This does not make for a happy family, as Mommy needs a little time with the Lord and with her coffee before her little ones get up. The first couple of days after the time change were difficult for me. The boys were up and cheerful and dressed and it was only 6:15 and I was barely out of bed or still in bed.

Then we did this: We put a clock in the boys' room and told them to stay in bed or play quietly until the clock said 7:00. The boys (ages 3 and 5) have loved the responsibility, and Mommy has cherished the needed quiet time to prepare for the day. This has really worked for me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We do this too...especially on Saturdays! It works very well!

Thanks for sharing!
Tracy

Anonymous said...

I've had that rule too, although my daughter doesn't always follow it! Glad you have your time back!

Anonymous said...

Hi again! Just wanted to let you know I can't take credit for anything on my blog except that I chose the picture, scripture and color scheme! Susie at www.bluebirdblogs.blogspot.com did my whole design for less than $40. Hope that helps!

Kristi said...

Tami, I'm going to try that! We've experienced the same problems! Thanks!