Friday, July 13, 2007

My favorite iced tea


This is my first time participating in Favorite Ingredient Friday. Today is the healthy eating edition.


One of my favorite drinks is tea. Of course, since I live in the South, it goes without saying that when we say 'tea' we mean sweet and iced.


Now I know that heaping cup of sugar added to every pitcher may disqualify my tea from the "Healthy Eating" category, but the sugar does not cancel out all those antioxidants found in tea, right?? And you can always drink your tea unsweetened (although I have no idea who would ever want to do that).


When I was pregnant with my oldest son, I became enamored with iced tea with mint. I discovered this perfect drink at our favorite deli, where the standard iced tea came with mint. Needless to say, the deli became my favorite place to visit even if I wasn't hungry. Then I found out how easy it is make.


Next time you make a pitcher of regular iced tea, add one mint tea leaf bag to the other tea bags. Let the tea steep just like normal, and you will be blessed with one of the most refreshing, delightful drinks you have ever enjoyed. It's slap your mama good, I promise.


To read some of the health benefits of tea, click here.

For the health benefits of mint, click here.

6 comments:

mira said...

We love mint tea too, it is so refreshing in the summer.

Renee said...

I'm the only one in my household that loves mint...I can't wait to try it out. Thanks for sharing.

Mrs. Anna T said...

Hi Tami! This is my first visit here. Thanks for visiting my blog. I LOVE mint tea as well (but I'm one of those crazy people who don't put any sugar into their tea, a degree in nutrition did leave its marks, heehee :P). I'm going to plant some peppermint soon, and then we'll enjoy tea with FRESH mint leaves. That will be fun!

Unknown said...

I love adding one "flavor" tea bag when making iced tea. Cinnamon is really good, too.

Tami@ourhouse said...

Anna- I'd love to try fresh mint!

And Magi, the cinnamon sounds great, esp in the fall.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

-Tami

Overwhelmed! said...

I'm not a tea drinker but I love the idea of mint tea! I'll have to try this.

Thanks so much for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday- Healthy Eating Edition recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.