Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Works for me Wednesday, making the bed


As soon as I pulled up the 'new post' box, my mind went completely blank. No helpful thoughts to be found. Could be a side effect of all the cable I've been watching.
It took me a few minutes of staring outside, but then it came back to me. Here is the life-changing tip that re-entered my mind:
When I am making a bed, especially our queen-size bed, I make up one entire side, including pillow shams and throw pillows, before I move to the other side. That way I am not going back and forth several times, and making the bed takes me less than a minute.
I heard Elisabeth Elliot give this idea several years ago, as help for homemakers, and I tried it immediately and have not gone back. It took a little practice, but makes making any bed much easier and faster.
I am much more likely to make a bed if I know it won't take me several minutes. Even if a bedroom is not picked up in other areas, a made bed makes the whole room look done. Works for me!
For more WFMW tips, click here.

4 comments:

Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

You know, it's the simple tips like this that can really make a difference in getting things done every day.

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

That is how I make my bed! I just thought it was the lazy way to make it... thanks for sharing!

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli

Tami@ourhouse said...

Kelli- the line between lazy and 'efficient' can be thin at times!

Shawna said...

Oh, how funny! This is how I make my bed, too, but didn't know anyone else did it like this. :0)