Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to the love of my life.  You are an incredible father.  God's grace is evident in you as you serve and love our family.  You teach our children to love God, love His Word, and love each other.  You teach them to honor me as their mother. 

 You show our boys how to love their future wives by the way you love me and our girls the qualities they should look for in their future husbands by displaying those qualities in our home every day.  You have taught the boys how to ride their bikes, catch a baseball, and gel their hair.  You are Sophie's Prince Charming and Tarzan.  And you are Caroline's Dadadadada.


You cast vision for how our home should be, and you graciously lead me accomplishing that vision.  You do not claim to be a perfect parent, but you model humility before us when you humbly seek God's forgiveness and the forgiveness of your children when you make mistakes.

Thank you for how you love us.  Thank you for how you lay your own life down for us.  Thank you for choosing us over golf, fishing, and hunting.  Thank you for buying t-ball cleats instead of songs for your I-Pod and for buying Happy Meals instead of Starbucks coffee.  Thank you for driving a silver minivan when you would prefer a four-wheel drive pick up.  Thank you for working two jobs when the bills outweighed the paycheck.  

Thank you for praying for us every morning before we get out of bed.  You are a visible sign of God's grace in our lives.  We love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you my sweet wife. I do not deserve your kind words but I humbly receive them. God has been so good in giving us each other and our dear children. Raising children with you has been a joy. Thank you for your love and support. I am a happy Father on this "Father's Day." I love you.
Scott

Anonymous said...

I am in awe that this has one comment but the one that means the most I guess you left us all speachless.. cheers to our men the great fathers.