Saturday, June 07, 2008

Is this pathetic?

I think I must be on the list for most pathetic blogger.  I'll take the title- it fits!

A very quick update on details of our life:  Scott has been in seminary since August of 2006. While pursuing his degree, his job moved him about two hours from the seminary.  Scott started preaching supply, and then received the opportunity to pastor a small congregation.  We accepted the pastorate, and moved into the community in March.  Our family loves it here, and we are experiencing the joys and difficulties of serving a local church.  We are very thankful to be where we are, and I am learning about trusting God and asking Him to make my dreams for myself centered around Him, His Word, and His will.  

Moving here and starting to serve a church full time has been stretching and wonderful and difficult and excited and already heartbreaking.  We love our congregation and are looking forward to growing together in Christ.

I haven't been blogging because I don't have a lot to say!  The past few months have been much more about absorbing than writing, more about adjusting than analyzing.  

We've been busy as a family, though, and I want to share some of the memories we have made and experiences we have had with all of you, so keep checking back- photos are coming! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you! I miss you so much. I am glad you are well. We will have to talk sometime this week.

Tami@ourhouse said...

I miss you, too! So much. I'll call you and talk your ear off soon.