Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A link on which you should click

Check out this link:
http://www.towersonline.net/printer.php?grp=news&id=375

As the wife of a seminary student and (if the Lord wills) future pastor, I just loved reading about Southern Seminary's new approach to preparing students for local church ministry. My husband and I have spent countless hours discussing the local church and the current practice of fragmented ministry within the church. We are not completely 'family integrated' in our approach (we do use the nursery for our babies and love Sunday School for our older children), but we see danger in complete separation of families in the local church.

I could write lots and lots about this subject, but for now, I'll leave you to check out the above link and to join me in being encouraged that a seminary has seen this need in the church and is addressing it in such a radical way.

No comments: